Fire damages Forsyth’s Full Throttle Bar and Grill

LITTLE LAKE – A fire at a popular bar and grill in Little Lake caused about $8,000 in damage Friday afternoon, according to Forsyth Township Fire Department Chief Don Hutchens.

The fire was reported at 2:52 p.m. Friday and occurred at the Full Throttle Bar and Grill, located along M-35 in Little Lake, south of the intersection of M-553.

Hutchens said a wire overheated for a vent hood and the resulting fire burned between the walls of the building. Forsyth Township put about a dozen firefighters on the scene and called for mutual aid tanker support from fire departments from Sands and Skandia townships.

However, those additional fire crews were not needed at the blaze, Hutchens said. They were summoned because the fire was located at a structure outside of the Forsyth department’s hydrant zone, where additional water supplies may be needed.

Fire crews pulled away siding on the building to access the wall and get inside of it to extinguish the flames. Hutchens said the owner of the business estimated the damage at between $7,000 to $8,000.

The Forsyth fire crew cleared the scene at 4:07 p.m.

John Pepin can be reached at 906-228-2500, ext. 206. His email address is jpepin@miningjournal.net