Ishpeming restaurant closed after small fire

The Country Grill Restaurant in Ishpeming is closed for the remainder of the day due to a fire.

The Ishpeming Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at approximately 3:20 p.m. According to the fire department, it was reported the inside of the restaurant was filling with smoke. Workers evacuated all the occupants and everyone exited safely. Upon arrival, firefighters found one of the roof top air handling unit’s electrical motors had over heated, causing smoke to fill the building, the press release said.

Firefighters used a fire extinguisher to put out the small fire and used smoke ejectors to clear the smoke from the restaurant. No injuries were reported.

The Country Grill Restaurant will resume normal business hours on Friday. To verify the restaurant is open call 486-1074. Assisting at the scene was Bell Memorial EMS and the Ishpeming Police Department.