Senior Expo offers variety of speakers
MARQUETTE – Senior citizens have many reasons to head to the Holiday Inn in Marquette Wednesday for the 2013 Senior Expo.
The event, which is free to attend, brings together several guest speakers on a variety of topics that are important to senior citizens.
“I’d encourage as many people as possible to come out for this,” said Sharon Johnson, classified manager at The Mining Journal. “It will help many people and will also be very educational.”
The schedule of events includes:
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. – Upper Peninsula Commission for Area Progress will feature speakers Sherry Whitman on Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Programs, Melissa Kositzky on the 2-1-1 program and Tonya LaFave on health and wellness programs.
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. – Michael Trickey and Todd Scott of ING Financial will discuss retirement income planning.
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. – Marquette General Hospital will feature Rodney Reisland speaking on behalf of the Walking & Balance Center.
- 11:30 a.m. to Noon – Jeff Nyquist with Upper Peninsula Home, Health and Hospice will speak.
- Lunch will be provided from noon to 1 p.m., courtesy of The Mining Journal.
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. – First National Trust & Wealth Management member Mike Morgan will discuss estate planning.
- 1:30 to 2 p.m. – Dr. Neil Winkler of Eye Associates will speak on advances in wet age-related macular degeneration.
- 2 to 2:30 p.m. – Physical therapist Karen Heidelburger of Bell Hospital will discuss age appropriate exercise activities.
- 2:30 – 3 p.m. – Fred Rodriguez will speak on behalf of Miracle Ear on hearing loss.
There will be raffle prizes at the end of the event. Those planning to attend are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items, which will be donated to the Salvation Army Food Pantry.
For more information, contact Johnson in the Journal Classifieds Department at 228-2500, ext. 210.
Abbey Hauswirth can be reached at 906-228-2500, ext. 240.