Vista Theater presents awards
NEGAUNEE – Kelsey Dillion was named the best actor of the Vista Theater’s 2012 season at the theater’s recent awards night and annual meeting.
Dillion appeared in three shows.
Others honored included:
- The most improved actors were Heather Johnson and Sarah Paquette, and awards for best youth actors went to Ben Bickler and Nicholas Conroy.
- Presented with the newcomer certificate was Ian Frank DeBacker, whose role as Ash, in “Evil Dead the Musical” was a first for the Vista Stage.
- Also recognized was returning actor Kristin Frak, who played the part of Cha-Cha DiGregorio in “Grease” and also did the choreography for “Grease” and “Rocky Horror.”
- The directors who put on the production of “Scrooge” at the Negaunee High School for the Vista Theater’s Christmas production, Connie Lindbloom and first time director Ricky Peterson, received certificates of recognition.
- Memorable moments awards were presented to Jordan Paquet and Rylee Whitford for the mooning song from “Grease.”
- For their many hours of help behind the scenes, Emmye Wiig, Andie Kulie and Ryan Henry received recognition for their work throughout the 2012 season.
- Special recognition was given to volunteers Lou Rosenbaum, Linda Perucco, Linda Paquet, Sally Weingartner and Katie Shaw.
- Best Technician award went to Andy Kulie.
- The John Everson award went to Steve Shirkey Wiig.
- Special recognition was given to Taylor Kulju and Kaitlin Aisthorpe for their work behind the scenes.
- “Perfect attendance” awards were given to Mark Roy and Kirt Portale.
At the annual meeting, the Vista Theater and Peninsula Arts Appreciation Council accepted Emmye Wiig as a new member of the board of directors.
Board officers include President Connie Lindblom, Vice President Janet Penhale, Secretary Ryan Henry and Treasurer Dale Weingartner.
Alfred Keefer is the executive director and Andy Kulie is a board member.